AWS Cloud Application Development
Why Cloud Native Apps?
Every application running in the cloud is not cloud-native, Cognilium’s cloud-native app are architected for high-velocity small increments of features with agility and automated CI/CD. This agility is achieved by keeping low adhesion between multiple services and storage layers, one other benefit of this low adhesion design is that specialized small teams can develop each diverse function to make the most comprehensive app experience. Further, this design allows for the portability as well as fault tolerance and robustness of the whole app or subcomponents.
Why do you need to cloud native transformation?
- Short cycle time of conception-to-impact: Short life cycle software increments that give your business a competitive edge, one feature at a time, is crucial in this age of disruption.
- Do more with less: Large part of cloud-native apps, both in terms of fabric and components, is leveraging managed services from cloud providers like AWS
- Achieve a competitive edge economically and with certainty: Cloud provider’s best practices teach us how to achieve differentiating features quickly and at the right scale without deep investment into custom code or specialized proprietary tools.
Portability cloud and everything else …
Cloud-native app design is not limited to only running in public cloud. Some businesses require a part of data or services to run on on-prem servers or their business has a dependency on service from more than one cloud vendor. The most comprehensive cloud native architecture should provide portability between cloud and on-pred i.e. hybrid cloud or should allow for connecting to cloud service or code running on multiple cloud vendors.
Four Pillers of cloud native development
- In our cloud-native app dev approach, we standardized the reusable functionalities as APIs. These APIs are energized into applications using microservices in an event-driven architecture. Such architecture leverages managed services from cloud companies like AWS to reduce the need for expensive DevOps talent in-house.
- Our cloud-native apps are easy to maintain and scale whenever needed, as we leverage AWS-managed services containerization like ECS / EKS / Fargate.
- Our Agile process model of adding new features and growing app functionality in small increments leverages the power of AWS CodePipeline-CodeBuild or Jenkins
- AWS Lambda and serverless Databases reduce the infrastructure provisioning and optimization costs and also achieve flexibility of scale without frequent failure.
- Our cloud-native architecture considers purpose-specific databases for information intensive apps. Other than SQL Server we extensively use NoSQL cloud databases like Aurora Postgres, OpenSearch, ElasticCache, Neptune, and DocumentDB.
- Our cloud-native apps come with DevOps automation through AWS Elastic BeanStalk / OpsWorks. For customers with bigger IT teams, we also provide DevOps capability through AWS CloudFormation and AWS CloudWatch with an option of 24/7 support.
Why choose Cognilium for cloud native:
- Cognilium’s cloud native engagements are spearheaded by architects that are trained to solve problems cost effectively while lowering cap-ex as well as op-ex.
- Unlike waterfall methodology that is used for legacy and monolithic apps, our Process methodology is well suited for small iterative and reversible feature addition
- Our functional consultants and cloud architects synergize with your business and IT teams to prioritize most impacting features for our agile backlog. Such prioritization is guided by our experience in cloud native best practices and deep KPI understanding of our functional analysts.